Want to have a great stay in the capital of Colombia?
This is the right place!
I just spent long hours analyzing the best 5-star hotels in Bogotá. Besides, it’s a city I’ve visited many times!
This article will tell you which luxury hotels in Bogotá are worth your while!
To give you a quick overview, here is my list of favorite hotels:
- Best luxury hotel in Bogotá for a business trip: Hyatt Place Bogotá
- Best luxury hotel with swimming pool in Bogotá: Grand Hyatt
- Best affordable luxury hotel in Bogotá: Ek Hotel
- Best luxury hotel in Bogotá for an extended stay: Cassa Luxury Homes
- Best classic 5-star hotel in Bogotá: Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia
- Best trendy luxury hotel in Bogotá: W Bogotá
- Best luxury hotel in Bogotá with rooftop: BOG
- Most impressive luxury hotel in Bogotá: Casa Medina
- Best Luxury boutique hotel in Bogotá: Casa Legado
Read on to learn more about the best luxury hotels in Bogotá.
Best 5-star hotels in Bogotá: mini-reviews
In this section, I have highlighted the most exciting features of each hotel to help you quickly find and book your favorite luxury accommodation.
Best luxury hotel in Bogotá for a business trip: Hyatt Place Bogotá Convention Center
Even if you’re traveling for work, Hyatt Place offers you not only comfort and relaxation after an exhausting day but also provides a space of exquisite taste. It has 135 spacious rooms, equipped with the most desirable amenities, including complimentary breakfast, free parking, fitness center, laundry, meeting facilities, among others.
- It has an excellent location to arrive on time for all your meetings. It’s close to the Corferias International Exhibition Center, the city center, and the El Dorado International Airport is only 15 minutes away.
- The delicious cuisine will not fail to seduce you. The hotel has a Gallery restaurant, which offers exquisite typical Colombian and international food with vegetarian options.
- You will still be close to the main tourist sites (15 min by cab) to discover the city: La Candelaria, the Botanical Garden, the Virgilio Barco Library, the Gold Museum, the Gran Estación shopping center, and the Monserrate hill.
- Visit the spacious meeting rooms to celebrate anything from a wedding reception to a business conference.
- Another alternative: Ghl hotel capital rooms (cheaper)
Price: from 790,000 COP/ 200 USD| Cancellation policy: 1 day | Location: Teusaquillo
Best luxury hotel with swimming pool in Bogotá: Grand Hyatt
Enjoy one of the best relaxation and stillness spaces in Bogotá. Grand Hyatt Bogota has excellent quality areas such as SPA, gym, and swimming pool. A perfect option to rest after a long day exploring the city. The guests’ favorite facility? The heated pool with whirlpools.
- It has a strategic location near the El Dorado International Airport.
- You don’t need to leave the Grand Hyatt Bogotá to find the city’s best Japanese and Colombian food restaurants. The Ushin Japanese & Grill restaurant is the best to satisfy your cravings.
- Free Private parking is accessible 24 hours.
- Because of the pandemic, you have to reserve a space to go in the pool – everything is very well organized.
- The indoor pool is slightly heated and is 25 m long.
- Another alternative: Travelers also like the pool and spa in Casa Dann Carlton Hotel spa
Price: From 1,025,000 COP/2pers | Cancellation policy: 1 day | Location: Teusaquillo
Best affordable luxury hotel in Bogotá: Ek Hotel
Ek Hotel offers excellent customer service for a fair price. The location is ideal for enjoying the best restaurants and shopping centers in one of the most recognized areas. Located in the north of Bogotá, it will be a better fit for travelers on a business trip.
- The hotel is in the El Chicó neighborhood, one of the most distinguished areas in the city.
- The rooms have designer furniture, a minibar, flat-screen TV with satellite channels, and a seating area.
- You have free access to the SPA and the gym – even if the latter is not great.
- It’s close to the Andino shopping center and the parque de la 93 and several luxury restaurants.
- It has few breakfast options.
- Another alternative: Hilton Bogota double tree AR
Price: From 390,000 COP/2 pers | Cancellation policy: 2 days | Location: El Chico (north of Bogotá)
Best luxury hotel in Bogotá for a long stay: Cassa Luxury Homes
The Hotel Cassa Luxury Homes offers sophisticated spaces in one of the most recognized and quiet areas in Bogotá, just next to the peaceful Virrey Park. You’ll find ideal apartments with good free wifi access (54m2 to 94m2) for long-term stays in Bogotá. It’s spacious, well-decorated and with the latest trend furniture.
- Nature inspires the interior design of the hotel. It is ideal to feel soothed.
- Each apartment has a fully-equipped kitchen, and the hotel serves a delicious buffet breakfast — it’s included!
- You can use the gym or relax in the heated pool on the rooftop.
- Not all the apartments have balconies with spectacular views of Virrey Park.
Price: 530,000 COP/2 pers | Cancellation policy: 0.5 days | Location: Virrey Park, El Chico, North of Bogotá
Best classic 5-star hotel in Bogotá: Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia
French luxury and cosmopolitan spirit take over the city of Bogotá. With many years of experience behind it, The Sofitel Bogotá Victoria’s reputation is well established. It’s a risk-free choice for excellent customer service and proximity to the city’s best restaurants. Chic and sophisticated, this luxurious hotel is ideal for your stay in Bogotá.
- The staff is at the level of a 5-star hotel, from the doorman to the cleaning service.
- The location is close to everything in the middle of the T zone. It has a pick-up and transfer service to the airport.
- Comfortable and luxurious rooms.
- It has an efficient laundry service—everything you need to have clean clothes on all outings.
- Doesn’t have a spa, sauna, or Jacuzzi.
Price: 1,050,000 COP/2 pers | Cancellation policy: 1 day | Location: Zone T, North of Bogotá
Best trendy luxury hotel in Bogotá: W Bogotá
Liven up your stay in Colombia’s capital at W Bogotá. This modern hotel located near embassies, restaurants, and boutiques will be your best option to enjoy the exclusive Usaquén neighborhood. With its modern decoration and delicious breakfasts, you will be sure to have a stay out of the ordinary.
- The staff will meet all your needs with a big smile.
- A fantastic atmosphere at the bar, with a lot of people. Don’t forget to try their famous cocktails!
- The legend of El Dorado inspires the decoration. Each of these spaces combines cutting-edge technology with an emblematic W bed.
- The hotel is in a corporate park with banks, tourist offices, restaurants, and beauty salons. The Hacienda Santa Bárbara shopping center is right in front of the property.
- 24-hour access to the gym.
- It’s pretty far from La Candelaria (at least a 45-min drive). It’s better not to go back and forth.
Price: 990,000 COP/2pers | Cancellation policy: 2 days | Location: Usaquén
Best luxury hotel in Bogotá with rooftop: BOG
The BOG rooftop seduces many travelers with its heated pool and modern music. After a few drinks, its ideal location in the Zona T will allow you to reach the best clubs and restaurants of the city quickly. Get ready to discover Bogotá’s jet-set.
- Its decoration, suggestive and provocative design are based on the best treasures of Colombia.
- It has a restaurant with the typical seasoning of the region.
- The spaces of the BOG Hotel are designed to celebrate celebrations and live unforgettable moments. Thanks to the richness of its variety, the creative culinary experiences, and the quality of its service, you can hold meetings, cocktails, lunches, and weddings that will become memorable experiences.
- • It has stylish rooms for all types of taste: family, spacious suites, with the best view, romantic rooms. In general, it has spaces designed for relaxation, comfortable beds, and hydromassage showers.
- There is no access to the roof if there is an event.
- Guests in the upper floor rooms can hear the music from the rooftop.
Price: 650,000 COP/2pers | Cancellation policy: 0.5 days | Location: Zona T, North of Bogotá
Most impressive luxury hotel in Bogotá: Casa Medina
The hotel Casa Medina Bogota is part of the Four Seasons brand. This beautiful historic building has all the modern conveniences and luxuries one could expect. The details that framed this place are so numerous that it takes several hours to discover what is on the ceilings, engravings on the doors, and various sculptures.
- It has the famous restaurant “Castanyoles Raciones y Tapas” where you can enjoy various dishes ranging from Glazed Pork Ribs to the classic Spanish paella.
- More than 25% of the tasteful decor rooms are suites. I’m sure you’ll love your private fireplace.
- The famous artist Santiago Medina Mejía designed the building in 1946. No two rooms are alike!
- The hotel has two helicopters to take guests to Zipaquirá and Villa de Leyva.
- Swimming pool and rooftop are missing.
- Food is expensive, and the price does not include breakfast.
- Another alternative: hotel de la opera (Even if they don’t play in the same league).
Price: 1,800,000 COP/2pers | Cancellation policy: 1 day | Location: Quinta Camacho in Chapinero
Best Luxury boutique hotel in Bogotá: Casa Legado
Casa Legado is the ideal luxury hotel for those who seek the comfort and coziness of home while traveling. You will love the family atmosphere in the tastefully decorated rooms and the 9 social areas specially conceived to relax.
- Located in Quinta Camacho, one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in the capital, surrounded by some of the city’s best restaurants, cafes, galleries, and shops.
- The house has a mid-20th century style, with 13 rooms, each with a unique style and personality.
- The attention to detail is exquisite; lots of art, free snacks, warm heathers, etc. You won’t lack anything.
- The staff acts like family. They care about people and give the best advice to explore Bogotá and Colombia.
- You can rent the whole house.
Price: From 865,000 COP/2pers | Cancellation policy: Cannot be canceled| Location: Quinta Camacho in Chapinero
More than 3000 travelers have already used our Colombia travel guide
I’ve been exploring Colombia since 2015 and put all my knowledge into one Ebook. It’s free and accessible now. 👇
Best luxury hotels in Bogotá: Booking Guide
In this section, you will find our favorite tips for booking the best luxury hotel in Bogotá. Among other things, you should consider the neighborhoods and transportation.
Why stay in La Candelaria
In La Candelaria, you won’t find a lot of luxury hotels. The colonial buildings are beautiful but often poorly soundproofed. And the access by car can sometimes be a little complicated. What’s more, the best restaurants and clubs in town are at least 25 minutes away by car.
On the good side, in La Candelaria, you will meet the great majority of the tourist sites. So if this is your first time in Colombia and you want to enjoy the many museums in the capital, you should book your luxury hotel nearby. A good option is the Teusaquillo neighborhood.
Luxury hotels in La Candelaria:
Why stay in Teusaquillo
Thanks to its intermediate location between the center of Bogotá, Chapinero, and the airport, it will be much easier to get to meetings or shopping malls. Grand Hyatt and Hyatt Place Bogotá are the best options.
It is a residential area with a few parks (including the famous Parkway) and the Centro Ferial de Convenciones (CORFERIAS) — the most significant event space in the country.
On the downside, you won’t have many good restaurants and clubs nearby.
Why stay in Chapinero
Chapinero is huge, and you’ll find all the atmospheres you want. Cool underground and electro clubs (Theatron, Latino Power) are close to Parque de Los Hippies.
Gourmet restaurant lovers will find their happiness in Zona G. For travelers who want to spend the day in a quieter area, Quinta Camacho is a must.
Some other parts are quite “boring,” with residential buildings only.
If you choose your luxury hotel in this area, you will be halfway between the historic center of Candelaria and the hype nightclubs of the Zona T.
The 5-star hotels in Chapinero are:
Why stay in Zona T & El Chico
The Zona T (or Zona Rosa) is the place to be to make the most of Bogotá’s nightlife. From your hotel, you’ll be able to head to lots of clubs, rooftop bars, and good restaurants.
El Chico is a business center with many offices, bars, and restaurants.
In both cases, you’ll be in one of the city’s safest areas, with luxurious modern hotels and beautiful parks. Don’t hesitate to stop by Parque 93 or Parque El Virrey. It’s great for a picnic break.
The 5-star hotels in the north of Bogotá are:
- EK (El Chicó)
- Cassa Luxury Homes (El Chicó)
- Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia (Zona T)
- BOG (Zona T)
- W Bogotá (Usaquén)
Transportation in Bogotá
Taxis have a bad reputation in Bogotá — they charge exorbitant prices to foreigners. Don’t hesitate to use apps like DiDi, Uber, or Cabify.
I don’t recommend public transportation if you don’t speak a little Spanish. And be sure to leave plenty of time when you have to drive around the city. Traffic can be a horror during rush hour (7 am – 9 am; 5 pm – 8 pm).
How to come to Bogotá
The international El Dorado airport is on the west side of the city. It takes about 30 minutes if there are no traffic jams.
The main bus terminal, Salitre, is next to the airport.
How long to stay in Bogotá
In general, travelers are not fans of Bogotá. It is a complicated city to understand on the first visit. If you just want to check out the most famous tourist sites, 2 to 3 days will be enough.
Travelers who like art, museums, and electro parties can stay there for a short week.
Weather and tourist season in Bogotá
The constant changes in the weather make it hard to guarantee a sunny day. Therefore, it’s better to bring an umbrella or a rain jacket. And it will be cold at night.
Before coming, you can also check the city events on the internet. There is often something going on.
Q&A: Best Luxury hotels in Bogotá
If you’re still trying to decide between two or three options, these FAQs might help you make up your mind.
Also, don’t forget to download our fantastic Ebook to find the best places in Colombia.
- Where are the safest districts?
Generally, the wealthy (and safe) neighborhoods in Bogotá are in the north. It will also be the case for several areas in Chapinero, especially around the Zona G and Quinta Camacho.
- 5-star Bogotá hotel with the best suite?
In Bogotá, I'm sure you'll be impressed by the one-of-a-kind suite in Casa Medina.
- 5-stars Bogotá hotels with a great SPA and Wellness Center?
- 5-stars Bogotá hotels near the best nightclubs & Restaurants?
Want to be close to the action in Bogotá?
- Luxury hotel in Bogotá with the best-personalized customer service?
Thanks to its small capacity, Casa Legado takes excellent care of its guests
Bottom line: Best luxury hotels in Bogotá
Most of the luxury accommodations are located in the northern part of Bogotá. Here you will find modern hotels, close to the best clubs and well-kept parks. The Sofitel or the BOG would be an ideal choice for your stay. If you want to be in a friendly, quiet area, stay at Casa Medina or Casa Legado. You’ll be closer to the sights and minutes away from the capital’s famous food district, the Zona G.