The city of San Jose Del Guaviare is located in the south-south-east of Bogotá. It is accessible by bus (about 10h) or by plane (about 1h). Long considered a stronghold of the FARC, this destination is gradually opening to the public for our greatest pleasure. Indeed, the area has a lot to offer.
San Jose Del Guaviare and its surroundings contain many natural and cultural treasures. Here are a few examples of what you can do in this beautiful area:
- Discover cave paintings thousands of years old,
- Pink Dolphin Watching
- Swim in natural pools dug into the bed of a watercourse.
- Passing through the gate of Orion, come to admire Caño Sabana, a pink river also called the small Caño Cristales.
- Enjoy the spectacular sunsets over the Guaviare River
- Admire the forest as far as the eye can see
Would you like to add San Jose del Guaviare to your itinerary to Colombia?
Find all the information you need in our San Jose del Guaviare travel guide.