Let’s be frank. No one knows Paicol and yet it is a fabulous option for travelers who transit between San Agustin and Bogotá and don’t want to take a straight 16-hour bus ride. You can add this authentic and not very touristy destination to your itinerary in Colombia if you head South.
Only 40min south of Neiva, Paicol is a small colonial village – only 7 streets – built in 1701. Also known as Puerta del Viento, Paicol is a quiet and safe place where everyone knows each other.
In the evening, the inhabitants gather in the main square. They sit on the same bench or share a coffee around the corner.
In Paicol, you can also enjoy the natural surroundings with the activities offered by Naventura, a top local agency:
- Discover the famous Caja De Agua that could make Paicol more famous. It is a cave that you can explore with a guide. Sensations guaranteed, claustrophobic abstain!
- Look for some thrills in rafting in the rapids of the Paez River.
- Discover the surrounding hills by mountain bike.
- Initiate yourself to waterfall abseiling in a magnificent setting.
- Enjoy a quiet and restful village and charming surroundings.
Would you like to use private transportation?
Getting to Paicol? (+)
Where's the terminal?
In Paicol, there is no bus terminal as such. You’ll have to wait for your bus at the corner of a street. Ask your hotel for the timetables and the street where you have to wait for the bus.