Tamesis is a huge natural balcony with a breathtaking view of the Cauca River valley. This small Antioqueño village is almost unknown to travelers.
Although Tamesis doesn’t have the colonial charm of Jardin or Jerico, it is still really recommendable if you like outdoor or adventure activities, peace, and quiet and breathtaking views.
Eco Catarma is a responsible and well-organized local agency that offers fantastic experiences such as canyoning, sensational rappels, cave exploration, hiking, and visits to cocoa or coffee farms.
Add Tamesis, this small authentic village, to your Colombian itinerary if you are passing through Medellín or Jerico.
Where to travel after Támesis:
Getting to Tamesis? (+)
From Medellin to Tamesis:
- Many buses leave from the South Terminal. | Transporte Tamesis & Cooptratam | 4 hours
From Jerico to Tamesis:
- Departure twice a day. Direct bus. Double-check with your hotel.
- A Chiva at 7 am | 2 hours
- A “normal” bus at 11 am | 1 hour
From Jardin to Tamesis:
- There is a 2-day hike organized by our local partner Jardin de Aventura.
Where's the terminal?
There is no actual terminal in Tamesis. There are the 2 offices of bus companies Transporte Tamesis and Cooptratam on Carrera 11 between Calle 10 and 11.