Nuqui and its surroundings are the wildest touristic parts of the Pacific Coast. It’s the reason why there is not much information about it. Endless black sand beaches, lush vegetation, eco-lodges, everything is incredible, and I consider it’s one of the best romantic destinations in the world.
The town of Nuqui is messy and not appealing at all. However, you must land there first. It’s a short 30-min flight from Medellin only. Otherwise, speedboats leave weekly from El Valle (1-h) and Buenaventura (6-h).
Once in Nuqui, you have a million possibilities – each one includes a boat ride on the ocean. Public boats leave in the morning, or your Eco-lodge will arrange it for you.
Where to travel from Nuqui?
- Jurubida: Little town, 45 min up north. Famous for its hot springs.
- Jovi and Coqui: 2 towns, 45 min down south. Almost no accommodation options.
- Guachalito: Beautiful area with a few eco-resorts scattered along the coast. It’s expensive. 1-h boat ride
- Termales: Little beach town with some hot springs. Cool spot for surfing. 1h20 boat ride
- Arusi: Beach town, almost no tourists. 1h30 boat ride. There is a diving center.
Note: There is no ATM. Bring a lot of cash with you.