You’re traveling to Medellín soon and want to stay in the vibrant district of El Poblado?
This article will be perfect for you.
I’ve analyzed the 15 best hotels in El Poblado in Medellín. By the end of this article, you’ll be able to pick your favorite area in the neighborhood — did you know that Poblado can be VERY loud? — and book the perfect hotel.
In addition to my 15 hours of research, I lived in Medellín for more than 5 months. So I know the city well 🙂
Here are the winners:
- Best mid-range hotel in Patio Bonito: 574 Hotel
- Best upscale hotel in Lleras Park: El Marquee
- Best budget hotel in Manila: ADN Algo de Nosotros
- Best luxury Hotel boutique in El Poblado: Patio del Mundo
- Best Mid-range Apartments in El Poblado: Leblón Suites Hotel
- Best El Poblado hotel near a commercial center: Four Points by Sheraton
- Best Family hotel in El Poblado, Medellín: Sites Hotel
- Best Luxury hotel in El Poblado, Medellín: Elcielo Hotel
- Best hotel in El Poblado for groups: Casa del Reloj
- Best hotel with rooftop bar in El Poblado: The Somos
- Best Mid-range Boutique hotel in El Poblado: La Campana
- Best Mid-range hotel near Parque El Poblado: Botánica Casa Hotel
- Best hotel in El Poblado to meet people: Los Patios
- Best hotel in El Poblado for a long stay: Apartamentos Loma Verde
- Best hotel in El Poblado with a rooftop pool: Landmark Hotel
Read on to know more about these best hotels in El Poblado.
👉 I spend hundreds of hours researching the best hotels for each destination in Colombia. You’ll save time and avoid booking accommodation you don’t like.
El Poblado medellin hotels: Mini reviews
In this section, you will find a clear explanation about each hotel and the most interesting characteristics to know.
Best mid-range hotel in Patio Bonito: 574 Hotel
Located just three blocks away from Poblado Metro Station, the 574 Hotel (whose name refers to Medellín’s area code number) offers a great stay for an affordable price in one of the city’s coolest neighborhoods. One of its 15 rooms features an enjoyable hot tub, there’s free WiFi in all rooms, and everything looks tidy and clean. Did I mention free Netflix access?
- Service is great, and the staff is particularly kind, friendly, and ready to help.
- The free breakfast is nice, and freshly made arepas are a must.
- All rooms include AC, toiletries, towels, desk, and snacks.
- The rooms near the entrance are a bit noisy.
- Standard rooms don’t have natural light.
Price: from 158,000 COP / 2 pers | Cancellation policy: 1 day | Location: El Poblado, Patio Bonito
Best upscale hotel in Lleras Park: El Marquee
El Marquee’s 40 rooms fall into four different categories; its two luxury penthouses give it a classy touch that adds to a stunning rooftop where talking business, relaxing, swimming, or taking a drink happen all in one place surrounded by spectacular 360-degree views of the city and the breathtaking mountains.
- It’s located in Parque Lleras, a great spot for partying, eating out, and having fun.
- Room designs are unique, have good size, and feature king-size beds.
- Breakfast is nothing short of sensational, though there was no buffet during the pandemic.
- Being right in the center of the action has some disadvantages, like noisy rooms on the lower floors, sometimes until 3 a.m.!
- Another alternative: The Charlee hotel.
Price: From 560,000 COP / 2 pers | Cancellation policy: 1 day | Location: El Poblado, Parque Lleras
Best budget hotel in Manila: ADN Algo de Nosotros
This small, cozy hotel gets lots of praise for its delicious Colombian breakfast. How about some eggs with hot chocolate and pieces of cheese in it? This adds to the staff’s friendly and professional service. ADN Algo de Nosotros is located less than a mile away from Parque El Poblado.
- Guests have access to private parking and can enjoy a beautiful garden.
- Luggage storage and free WiFi throughout the facilities are a plus at this hotel.
- It is conveniently located, 2 miles away from Pueblito Paisa, on Cerro Nutibara, 4.3 miles away from the popular Avenida 70, and 1.3 miles away from Olaya Herrera Airport.
- Guests have given it high grades thanks to its cost-benefit ratio.
Price: from 100,000 COP / 2 pers | Cancellation policy: 1 day | Location: El Poblado, Manila
Best luxury Hotel boutique in El Poblado: Patio del Mundo
Patio del Mundo, owned by a French family of entrepreneurs, combines European attention to detail and world culture, expressed through the custom handicrafts that adorn every corner of the facilities to make guests forget about reality for a while, almost literally.
- The design of every room is different to try to evoke different parts of the world.
- Two of the 13 rooms available provide a hot tub.
- Despite being located in the middle of it all, it’s peaceful and quiet.
- Agnes, the owner herself, is ready to take on anything guests need.
Price: from 650,000 COP / 2 pers | Free Cancellation Policy: 1 day | Location: El Poblado, Florida
Best Mid-range Apartments in El Poblado: Leblón Suites Hotel
Self-service facilities at Leblón Suites Hotel include a dining room and fully-equipped kitchens that guests can use. Besides, every room has air-conditioned and cable TV. If you want to renew your forces, steam baths, gym, sauna, and hammam (the latter, not included in the room price) are available. Shopping malls Oviedo and La Strada are only about a half-mile away.
- You get free Internet in every corner of the facilities.
- Ironing and laundry are just a call away.
- Some guests have said that the included breakfast is good, but it could be more plentiful.
- Pets are not allowed.
Price: from 228,000 COP / 2 pers | Cancellation Policy: 2 days | Location: El Poblado, Patio Bonito
Best El Poblado hotel near a commercial center: Four Points by Sheraton
Whether you’re on business or vacation, the 4-star Four Points by Sheraton Medellín pays attention to guests’ wellbeing during their stay since it offers an outdoor swimming pool and a complimentary spa and steam bath session. Included breakfast is highly appreciated, and you’ll love the Mediterranean meals at the restaurant.
- The hotel is just 150 meters away from Oviedo shopping mall.
- If you’re in a working mode, there is a business center where you can work all you want and attend meetings.
- The hotel’s location is very convenient, very close to Parque El Poblado, Square Plaza, and Centro Comercial Santafé Medellín.
- Rooms are spacious, although some guests miss the shower cap from the toiletries.
- Another alternative: Hotel San Fernando Plaza.
Price: from 295,000 COP / 2 pers | Cancellation Policy: 1 day | Location: Zona Comercial de El Poblado
Best Family hotel in El Poblado, Medellín: Sites Hotel
Among the 60 rooms that conform the Sites Hotel, there are some staged as lofts, a perfect stay for couples or families willing to enjoy 40 square meters of space that includes a king-size bed, smart TV, balcony, dining room, kitchenette with microwave oven, and fridge, assorted pillows, 400 thread count linen, free Wi-Fi and luxury toiletries.
- Free laundry.
- You may keep your bags for as long as you want, at no additional cost.
- The included breakfast gets a lot of praise.
- Some of the apartments can accommodate you and 5 more members of your family or friends.
- There is only one elevator, and the room’s kitchenettes are not fully equipped.
Price: from 400,000 COP | Cancellation Policy: 1 day | Location: El Poblado, Patio Bonito
Best Luxury hotel in El Poblado, Medellín: Elcielo Hotel
Elcielo Hotel is an ideal place for a romantic stay; for instance, you may book for a night for two that includes a flower bouquet, a bottle of sparkling wine, a bath in an Italian-style hot tub, and a la carte breakfast in the room; even if you’re not in the romance mode, the hotel offers you great rooms and fine beds with Egyptian cotton linen and other amenities.
- Attention to detail.
- Great room design and cozy atmosphere.
- The restaurant is one of the best in Medellín
- There’s no parking lot.
- Some users complain that the gym is a bit too small.
Price: from 750,000 COP / 2 pers | Cancellation Policy: 2 days | Location: El Poblado, Parque el Poblado
Best hotel in El Poblado for groups: Casa del Reloj
If you’re planning your next party or special occasion, Casa del Reloj hotel allows accommodation for up to 28 people in apartment sizes that range from 440 square feet up to 3,800 square feet, some of them with lovely water features that add to peace and tranquility. Some of the suites interconnect with one another, so it’s easier for larger groups to keep in touch at all times.
- The suites feature hot tubs, gardens, kitchens, and laundry rooms with washers and dryers.
- It’s located in Provenza, in El Poblado neighborhood, near shops, bars, and restaurants.
- Some guests have highlighted the good water pressure in the shower.
- One drawback: if a party member wants some rest, noise from the other units can be an inconvenience.
Price: from 400,000 COP / 2 pers | Cancellation Policy: No refund | Location: El Poblado, Florida
Best hotel with rooftop bar in El Poblado: The Somos
Apart from its famed rooftop bar where you can enjoy an assortment of drinks and cocktails, how about the possibility of taking breakfast at any time during the day? It’s perfect when you wake up late with a hangover. Besides, the modern, industrial design rooms offer comfy king and queen-sized beds. The Somos hotel is definitively a safe bet if you plan to party in El Poblado.
- You can drink a beer for free if you have to wait upon arrival.
- Rooms on high floors offer the best views of the city.
- Breakfast and service are worth mentioning.
- Nice rooftop, but noise until 4 a.m. may upset some guests.
Price: from 570,000 COP | Cancellation Policy: 1 day | Location: El Poblado, Parque Lleras
Best Mid-range Boutique hotel in El Poblado: La Campana
The “Make yourself at home” motto suits La Campana hotel perfectly since it delivers what it promises thanks to its cozy atmosphere and great breakfasts in a stunning garden, surrounded by flowers and the city’s ‘eternal spring’ weather. Rooms can accommodate up to 4 adult guests.
- Friendly staff, willing to help you in any way possible.
- Rooms are comfortable and clean.
- The location is a bit hilly, which might be a problem for people with mobility issues.
- Some guest reviews have mentioned poor soundproofing of the rooms.
Price: from 225,000 COP / 1 Pers | Cancellation Policy: 1 day | Location: El Poblado, Las Lomas
Best Mid-range hotel near Parque El Poblado: Botánica Casa Hotel
“A home away from home” describes Botánica Casa Hotel, which features a wide array of rooms, from a single-bed, one-person room, to rooms that accommodate up to five guests. The hotel consists of a large house with a combination of bold rustic and industrial designs. You can even arrange for a barbeque with other guests and make new friends.
- Great decorations and an atmosphere surrounded by vegetation.
- It’s located just a minute away from Parque El Poblado.
- Staff is amiable and professional.
- The room near the kitchen tends to be noisy in the mornings.
Price: from 174,000 COP / 2 pers | Cancellation: 2 days | Location: Near Parque El Poblado
Best hotel in El Poblado to meet people: Los Patios
Los Patios lives up to its reputation as a place to make friends; it looks like the facilities are specially designed to accomplish that. The rooftop swimming pool and bar are for sure the best place to make a party; pictures suggest that Colombian supermodel and DJ Natalia Paris has popped by to entertain the crowd with her music.
- Several staff members speak English fluently.
- Decoration and service make you feel you really are in Colombia.
- There’s plenty of activity and many young people around.
- The price of the room doesn’t include breakfast.
Price: from 205,000 COP | Cancellation: 1 day | Location: El Poblado, Manila
Best hotel in El Poblado for a long stay: Apartamentos Loma Verde
Whether business or leisure, Apartamentos Loma Verde provides everything you need for a long stay in Medellín; the facilities are located very close to Centro Comercial Vizcaya. The heated pool on the rooftop offers a great opportunity to relax or do your swimming training. The apartments come with a fully equipped kitchen and bathrooms, and they feature very modern designs and an attractive color palette.
- Apart from the outdoor pool, you can enjoy the sauna.
- There are plenty of covered parking spaces.
- Some say the apartments suit more a couple than a family with children.
- The pool is closed on Mondays.
Price: from 430,000 COP / 2 pers (per night) | Cancellation: 1 Day | Location: El Poblado, Las Lomas
Best hotel in El Poblado with a rooftop pool: Landmark Hotel
The Landmark Hotel’s 50-feet long rooftop pool is definitely worth trying, and it is one of the few swimming pools on the last floor of a building in Medellín. The hotel building, designed for 84 rooms, is another architectural gem that stands out in the middle of Manila neighborhood. Its location is within walking distance to movie theaters, shopping malls, restaurants, corner shops, cafes, and bars.
- The hotel is brand new; its construction finished in late 2020.
- Quiet rooms with soundproof windows which favor good sleep or remote working during the day.
- Bilingual staff.
- It’s 10 minutes away, on foot, from Parque Lleras.
Price: 400,000 COP / 2 pers | Cancellation: 7 days | Location: El Poblado, Manila
More than 3000 travelers have already used our Colombia travel guide
I’ve been exploring Colombia since 2015 and put all my knowledge into one Ebook. It’s free and accessible now. 👇
Booking guide: How to pick the best El Poblado hotels
El Poblado is the most famous district in Medellín. It is located 20 minutes by car from the city center, and you can easily reach it by subway.
El Poblado is divided into different areas. This section will help you decide where to stay.
👉 I wrote a kick-ass Medellín Travel guide. You should read it too before coming. You’ll find tons of tips, activities, bars, and more!
Staying in Manila
Manila is one of the only areas of El Poblado that still maintains the infrastructure of a traditional Medellín neighborhood. It’s one of my favorite areas to stay in El Poblado.
- You’re near El Poblado metro station.
- Quiet area with good restaurants.
- There is a nice atmosphere.
- Flat streets, unlike other areas of El Poblado.
- 15-minute walk from Parque Lleras.
- Best El Poblado Hotels in this area:
Staying in Patio Bonito
Patio Bonito is one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in El Poblado. Attractive and abundant vegetation is one of its main features even though many condos and buildings have been constructed where farms used to be located in the last few years. Quebrada (creek) La Presidenta has been recently recuperated and is now full of flowering trees on its banks. The gardens of the houses and units with colorful plants embellish the area.
- Quiet Area.
- Close to El Poblado metro station.
- Near the most popular shopping malls.
- Lots of trees.
- 20-minute walk from Parque Lleras.
- Best El Poblado Hotels:
Staying in Las Lomas
Las Lomas No. 1 is known for its high-level residential area among lots of trees, a tranquil life, privacy, and safety. This area is ideal for families wishing to make a connection with nature. The area features some lonely parts, but that doesn’t mean they’re unsafe. On the contrary, these spots favor relaxation and peace, not affected by commercial or touristy areas.
- Uphill, which might upset people with mobility issues
- 25 min walk El Poblado
- Best hotels in the area:
Staying Near Parque Lleras
Parque Lleras is definitely the nightlife center in Medellín, and it’s located in the chic area of El Poblado, where many Colombian and foreign tourists get together to eat, drink, and of course, dance. Sushi restaurants cafes surround this rather small plaza and bars where they play music of all kinds, from vallenato and champeta to salsa, reggaeton, and electronic.
- Near clubs & bars.
- Noisy area.
- It can get a bit dodgy at night.
- Best hotels in the area:
Staying near Parque el Poblado
This area was founded in the middle of the 20th century. Unlike most neighborhoods in El Poblado, it is in a territory with areas not so steep. Old and attractive houses characterize its architecture.
- Central location.
- 10-minute walk from Parque Lleras.
- Best hotels in the area:
Staying in La Florida
In the La Florida neighborhood, you’ll be a few minutes away from the best restaurants and bars. Even so, it is a sector where residential buildings predominate; therefore, you will find an area that is characterized by its tranquility.
- 10-minute walk from Parque Lleras.
- Near the best restaurants.
Why do people like staying in Medellín
Medellín is the second-largest and most populated city in Colombia. Even though it is located in the mountains, it’s 1,500 meters high, which, for a tropical country, means great weather and nicely warm temperatures throughout the year. The friendliness of its people and the fact that the city could leave behind a violent past make it a great destination for anyone willing to spend some time relaxing or on a business trip.
- Excellent for a long stay.
- The department of Antioquia has different kinds of weather. It’s big, multiethnic, and welcoming.
- Famous for partying and beautiful Colombian women.
How to get to Medellín
There are 2 airports. The international one (Jose María Córdoba) is outside the city (a 40-minute drive near the town of Rionegro). The small one (Olaya Herrera) is near El Poblado.
There are 2 also bus terminals: South and North.
How long to stay in Medellín
You should stay 3 nights if you want to party on the weekend as you’ll probably K.O the following morning. Keep 1 or 2 days to visit the city and 1 day to visit Guatapé, a beautiful water reservoir located 50 miles south of Medellín (a 2-hour drive) which features a gigantic monolith called Piedra del Peñol, where you get magnificent 360-degree views.
Weather and tourist season in Medellín
The weather is great (Medellín is called the city of eternal spring), even if there are regular short downpours.
Locals don’t stay in big cities during the holiday season or a public holiday. You won’t have issues when booking a nice hotel, except during the Feria de las Flores (10 days in August) — if so, book your hotel in advance.
Bottom line: Best hotels in El Poblado
El Poblado is the most famous neighborhood in Medellín. There, food lovers and party people will find everything they need. The prices are often higher than in other city areas, but you can get good deals like the Hotel Botánica. If your travel budget is larger, don’t hesitate to stay at the Patio del Mundo or the LandMark hotel. Both are a delight.
Don’t choose your hotel randomly anymore