Coming soon to the capital of Colombia? This city is so big that it takes time to find the ideal accommodation.
Don’t worry. I’m here for you.
I just spent more than ten hours analyzing the best hotels in Bogotá. And since 2015, I must have stayed more than a dozen times in different areas.
First, let’s take a quick look at the winners in each category:
- Best hotel in Bogotá for its swimming pool: Grand Hyatt Bogotá
- Best hotel in Bogotá for its rooftop: BOG Hotel
- Best mid-budget hotel in Bogotá: Mika Suites
- Best cheap hotel in Bogotá: Urban Heights Bogota
- Best hotel in Bogotá for socialising: The Cranky Croc Hostel
- Best hotel in Bogotá in price/quality: HAB Hotel
- Best luxury hotel in Bogotá: Casa Medina
- Best hotel in Bogotá for aparthotel: 93 Luxury Suites & Residences
- Best hotel in Bogotá for homestay: Casa Legado
- Best hotel in Bogotá for work: W Bogotá
- Best hotel in Bogotá for a short stay: Magdalena Guest House
- Best hotel in Bogotá for a 1-week stay: Casa Lelyte
- Most famous hotel in Bogotá: Hotel de la Opera
- Best hotel in Bogotá for being next to the airport: Hilton Garden Inn
- Best hotel in Bogotá for friends: 100 Luxury Suites
Read on to learn about the interesting features of each hotel.
🏡 Find easily your next hotel 🏡
Read our reviews of the best Colombia hotels.
Best hotels in Bogota: Mini-Reviews
In the following section, I have analyzed each hotel and highlighted the points that made the most sense for travelers.
Best hotel in Bogotá for its swimming pool: Grand Hyatt Bogotá
The Grand Hyatt Bogotá is one of the best luxury hotels in Bogotá. You’ll enjoy the fantastic amenities, such as its excellent indoor pool, spa, and spacious rooms. The hotel has an impressive view of Monserrate and The Andes mountains too. Likewise, you’ll find two excellent restaurants if you want to taste international cuisine: Ushin and Capitalino. This hotel is convenient if you stay in Bogotá for tourism, conferences, or meetings at the Corferias International Exhibition Center.
- The water temperature in the pool is regulated, and travelers love the SPA+Jacuzzi area.
- The Grand Hyatt Bogotá is in Teusaquillo so that you can visit the historic neighborhoods in this zone.
- This hotel is notorious for its modern style.
- Downside: This is one of the most expensive hotels in Bogotá.
- Another Alternative: Casa Dann Carlton Hotel & SPA
Price: from 1,025,000 COP/2 pers | Cancellation Policy: 1 day | Location: Teusaquillo
Best hotel in Bogotá for its rooftop: BOG Hotel
BOG Hotel is on my list of the best hotels in Bogotá because of its rooftop. In B.O.G., you can see a beautiful city view and chill at the bar and indoor pool. There, you can plan your professional events or socialize with other guests. This hotel is perfect for you if you plan to arrive in Bogotá for business reasons and want to enjoy the city.
- You’ll have a relaxing view of the mountains merged with an interesting urban landscape from the rooftop.
- You can appreciate the sunsets in Bogotá, tainted with pink and light blue colors.
- B.O.G. decoration in the shared lounge is nice and polished.
- The staff is attentive and supportive.
- Depending on the room you book, you will find this hotel noisy.
Price: from 650.000 COP/2 pers | Cancellation Policy: 0.5 day | Location: Zona T
Best mid-budget hotel in Bogotá: Mika Suites
Mika Suites is a hotel that joins modern design with convenience and comfort. This is the perfect solution if you want to sleep well and spend your days discovering Bogotá.
- You can visit Zona G or Zona T from Mika Suits. It’s where the best restaurants are.
- Prices are excellent for the area.
- The breakfast is fantastic.
- You can enjoy a nice hot shower (which is not always the case in Colombia)
- Downside: You can hear noises from the hallway and other rooms. Also, standard rooms are a bit small.
Price: from 190.000 COP/2 pers | Cancelation Policy: 0.5 day | Location: Zona G
Best cheap hotel in Bogotá: Urban Heights Bogota
Urban Heights is an excellent option for meeting people because of its rooftop and modern and clean apartments where you can cook, rest, and socialize. You can also go to each part of the city by taking Transmilenio or a taxi. Likewise, the staff is fantastic, and they will pamper you like a 5-star hotel.
- The hotel also has rooms, but the apartments are the strong point.
- You easily travel to every part of the city.
- You can cook your meals.
- The place is new and modern.
- Downside: the soundproofing is not very good
Price: from 120.000 COP/2 pers | Cancelation Policy: 2 days | Location: center of Chapinero
Best hotel in Bogotá for socialising: The Cranky Croc Hostel
The Cranky Croc Hostel is an excellent option if you want to stay near the historic center in La Candelaria. Also, this is a hostel especially designed to engage guests to meet each other. You’ll find cool areas and many events. And you’ll get unlimited coffee too!
- Helpful staff who speaks English.
- This hostel has a partnership with True Colombian Tours, a travel agency.
- You can also enjoy a great time alone (if it’s what you want)
- The hostel is noisy because of the music. If you’re a light sleeper, maybe you should consider another place.
Price: from 100.000 COP/2 pers | Cancelation Policy: 1 day | Location: La Candelaria
Best hotel in Bogotá in price/quality: HAB Hotel
Its classical-modern atmosphere characterizes HAB Hotel Bogotá. The rooms are beautifully furnished and decorated, with a nice stylish touch. Likewise, in this hotel, you can meet other guests in its fantastic gardens and HAB café — you’ll taste delicious farm-to-table meals.
- You can quickly go to Zona T or Zona G from the HAB Hotel Bogotá.
- The staff is attentive and available.
- Beds are comfortable.
- Food is tasty and healthy.
- You can hear noises from the corridors when you’re in the room.
Price: from 240.000 COP/2 pers | Cancelation Policy: 1 day | Location: center of Chapinero
Best luxury hotel in Bogotá: Casa Medina
Casa Medina is a Four Seasons hotel situated in the historical and luxurious Chapinero district. Even though this hotel was built in a historic house, you’ll have an excellent free WiFi connection and parking service. Furthermore, you’ll notice a perfect decoration within this special place that joins traditional and contemporary design. Likewise, if you choose Casa Medina, you can access the gym, the spa, and excellent Spanish restaurants, such as La Bodega and Castanyoles.
- The staff is multilingual, supportive, and attentive.
- You can enjoy the beautiful dining area with a glass roof.
- You can go to Zona G on walking.
- Luxurious rooms and an impressive suite.
- Free Private parking
- It’s pretty expensive, and breakfast is not included.
- Another alternative: JW Marriott Hotel Bogota
Price: from 1.800.000 COP/2 pers | Cancelation Policy: 1 day | Location: Quinta Camacho, Chapinero
Best hotel in Bogotá for aparthotel: 93 Luxury Suites & Residences
93 Luxury Suites and Residences offers well-equipped apartments. If you enjoy cooking your breakfasts or dinners or want privacy for working or resting, this place will be for you. This hotel is also a great option if you wish to be near the entertainment and financial district in Bogotá to work AND enjoy.
- Amiable and English-speaking staff.
- Well-equipped apartments with kitchen, rooms amenities, and fantastic views.
- Great breakfasts, variety, and personnel service.
- The area in which the aparthotel is located is safe. You can go to parks located in the Chicó area or Parque de la 93 on walking.
- Some guests highlight that rooms look smaller than in the hotel website pictures.
Price: from 495.000 COP/2 pers | Cancelation Policy: 1 day | Location: Parque 93, Chicó Norte
Best hotel in Bogotá for homestay: Casa Legado
Casa Legado will offer you a fantastic experience if you want to stay in a hotel that looks like home. You’ll notice decorated rooms and social areas with flowers, art galleries, and refined furniture there. Trust me. You won’t be able to leave.
- Rooms are comfortable. You’ll find a luxurious bathroom in each room and warming pads for the nighttime.
- Breakfast is fantastic. Some guests fall in love with the open kitchen because it provides you with sparkling water, granola, and fruit.
- Casa Legado’s staff exceeds any expectations. They are attentive, supportive and make you feel special.
- The patio area is fantastic. There you can have a space to read or hear the birds sing.
Price: from 865.000 COP/2 pers | Cancelation Policy: you can’t cancel | Location: Quinta Camacho, Chapinero
Best hotel in Bogotá for work: W Bogotá
W Bogota is a great sustainable hotel, well-known for its amenities. There, you can enjoy a magnificent view, pool, restaurants, bars, and comfortable rooms. Likewise, W Bogotá offers you one of the best spa experiences in the entire city. In Awa Spa, you can pay for a relaxing massage for couples or exfoliation treatments.
- W Bogotá’s breakfast menu is creative.
- You can taste delicious cocktails in the bar and socialize with other guests.
- The staff is professional and attentive.
- In each room, you can enjoy a splendid view of the urban landscape, with a good free Wi Fi connection and a flat-TV screen.
- You can access its great fitness center. In Gimnasio Fit, you can enjoy fitness classes and find a specialized trainer.
- Another alternative: Hotel El Dorado Bogota
Price: from 990.000 COP/2 pers | Cancelation Policy: 2 days | Location: Usaquén, Chapinero
Best hotel in Bogotá for a short stay: Magdalena Guest House
Magdalena Guest House offers you the experience of staying in an ancient house in Bogotá. One of the most attractive locations of this historical house is its remarkable garden, full of blossoming flowers and vivid trees. In this place, you can also interact with the hotel owner. He will love sharing interesting and useful information on exploring the historic center of Bogotá.
- You’ll be near all the tourist attractions in La Candelaria.
- Magdalena House is a historic house full of charm.
- The price/quality is excellent and hard to beat.
- You can find excellent restaurants nearby. Or you can use the hotel’s kitchen!
- They don’t accept credit cards.
Price: from 140.000 COP/2 pers | Cancellation Policy: 3 days | Location: La Candelaria
Best hotel in Bogotá for a 1-week stay: Casa Lelyte
Casa Lelyte is a perfect alternative if you want to spend a week in Bogotá. You can enjoy a modernly decorated restaurant that serves delicious American breakfasts in this place. Likewise, you’ll find that bathrooms include a neat shower, hairdryer, and free toiletries in each room. During your stay, you’ll enjoy spending time in a traditional Bogota neighborhood and interacting with locals from the Chapinero district.
- It is fully decorated and furnished in a homestay fashion.
- The staff is super friendly.
- The location is perfect for exploring Zona G and Chapinero by walking.
- There are only four rooms in the entire house.
- The staff is not always present in the hotel — it’s more like an Airbnb.
Price: from 437.000 COP/2 pers | Cancelation Policy: 50%, not cancelable | Location: Maria Cristina, the center of Chapinero
Best famous hotel in Bogotá: Hotel de la Opera
Hotel de la Opera is built in a colonial place carefully restored. The charm of this luxury hotel has nothing to envy the other historic buildings of the Candelaria district. You’ll be able to enjoy its wide spaces, pool, and spa. In its restaurants, you can try delicious Colombian and Mediterranean food while contemplating the view of the streets, rooftops, and churches of the historic center.
- You can visit museums in La Candelaria from this hotel.
- You can ask for a room with a view of historic streets and buildings.
- You can spend time relaxing in the courtyards.
- The indoor pool and spa services are available for guests.
- Some travelers found the staff cold.
Price: from 480.000 COP/2 pers | Cancelation Policy: 2 days | Location: La Candelaria
Best hotel in Bogotá for being next to the airport: Hilton Garden Inn
The Hilton Garden Inn Bogota is ideal for guests who want to be near El Dorado Airport. Plus, at this hotel, you’ll enjoy comfortable rooms that have enormous beds, HD television, and a small refrigerator. You can also use the workspaces and Wi-Fi connection this hotel offers.
- Excellent international cuisine buffet.
- You can rest perfectly during the night.
- Big rooms with comfortable beds.
- The cleanness of each room is perfect.
- Some guests highlight that staff is not always supportive.
Price: from 380.000 COP/2 pers | Cancelation Policy: 1 day | Location: Bogotá Airport
Best hotel in Bogotá for friends: 100 Luxury Suites
100 Luxury Suites is a well-designed aparthotel and will be perfect for you if you visit Bogotá with friends for any reason. Each hotel location is modern and carefully decorated, and you can enjoy an excellent view of the city. If you don’t want to cook your meals, you can go to its restaurant, where you can taste one of the best international cuisines in the city.
- The staff always know to treat guests well.
- Next to the best clubs in Bogotá.
- Spa and wellness centers are included.
- 100 Luxury Suites is located in a safe place. This means that you can easily walk to significant places, such as Parque de la 93 and Azahar café.
- The breakfast menu is repetitive.
Price: from 378.000 COP/2 pers | Cancellation Policy: 1 day | Location: El Chico
More than 3000 travelers have already used our Colombia travel guide
I’ve been exploring Colombia since 2015 and put all my knowledge into one Ebook. It’s free and accessible now. 👇
Best hotels in Bogota: Booking guide
Whatever the reason you have to visit Bogotá, it’s essential for you to know the pros and cons of booking a hotel in each urban district. So keep reading if you want to book the best hotel and have a fantastic experience in Bogotá.
Learn everything about Bogotá
And avoid mistakes made by travelers.
Why stay in La Candelaria
La Candelaria is a historical neighborhood inBogotá that includes important places to understand the urban culture and elements of the Colombian past. Also, you’ll be near museums and suggestive spots, such as Museo del Oro, Museo Botero, Museo Nacional de Colombia, Casa Museo Quinta de Bolívar, Museo Santa Clara, and Bogotá Planetarium. You can easily reach these places if you, for instance, make a reservation in Magdalena Guest House. From Hotel de la Opera or The Cranky Croc Hostel, you can quickly visit Quevedo’s Jet, Bolivar Square, Gabriel García Márquez Cultural Centre, and Luis Angel Arango public Library.
However, booking your hotel in La Candelaria has cons that you must know. Initially, you’ll find that the streets are a bit dodgy at night. Another disadvantage is that you’re far from the financial and entertainment district. It will be challenging (particularly during the rush hour) to move from downtown to Zona T, Zona G, or Usaquén. Finally, you’ll find that it’s hard to find a soundproof room in any hotel in La Candelaria.
👉 Find the Best Things to Do in Bogotá.
Why stay in Chapinero
The primary reason for making a reservation in a Chapinero hotel is this: you’ll find all the fun there. First, you can visit Zona G or Zona T to spend time in bars, pubs, and restaurants. You can also hike to Quebrada La Vieja, plan a trip to Simon Bolivar Park (Bogotá’s biggest park) or hang out in nearby small parks. Furthermore, you can find convenience stores and malls like El Retiro, Centro Andino, and Atlantis.
Nonetheless, booking a hotel in Chapinero has many disadvantages. First, Chapinero is a vast district; hence, you should research the zone and pick the right area. I like Chapinero Alto, San Felipe, Zona G, Bosque Calderon & Quinta Camacho area. Second, if you’re especially concerned about your security at night during your visit, you maybe will depend on taxis to get back to the hotel.
Our hotels in Chapinero are:
- Mika Suites (Zona G)
- Urban Height (Bosque Calderon)
- HAB Hotel (Bosque Calderon)
- Casa Medina (Quinta Camacho)
- Casa legado (Quinta Camacho)
- Casa Lelyte
Why Stay in Zona T and Chicó
If you decide to book in a hotel located in Zona G and Chicó, you’ll be near to the financial and entertainment district of Bogotá. You can safely head to the best city clubs (zona rosa). Also, you can find the most modern hotels in Bogotá and lovely parks to walk, breathe freely, and do some physical activity, such as walking or jogging.
Nevertheless, if you stay in Zona G and Chicó, you’ll be pretty far from the historic center of Bogotá. This means that going to significant places, such as Bolívar square, can be exigent. Likewise, in Zona G and Chicó, there are the most expensive things to purchase in Bogotá. Therefore, you’ll pay more for food or other items you need during your visit.
Our hotels in the North of Bogotá are:
👉 Decide where to stay in Bogotá.
Transportation in Bogotá
In Bogotá, you’ll discover that transportation is an issue for everyone. We recommend you avoid rush hour because it’s hard to find a taxi or a Uber for a reasonable price. I suggest you make a reservation in a hotel near the places you want to visit. Please note that Bogotá cabs have a terrible reputation for price gouging. So it’s better to call a taxi or a private car through an app, such as Cabify and Taxis Libres, Uber, DiDi, and Beat. Also, you can try to take Transmilenio or SITP. If you want to know more about what bus you need to take, you can download Moovit or use Google Maps.
How to come to Bogotá
You can book a flight to arrive at El Dorado airport in Bogotá. There, you can take different ways of public transportation. Initially, you can take a taxi. El Dorado airport is expected to take 30 minutes to get to Chapinero and 45 minutes to La Candelaria. However, it depends on the traffic.
You can take SITP and Transmilenio to get to your hotel if you want. Nonetheless, this requires your expertise in Spanish for asking locals what bus you need to take. If your Spanish skills are excellent, you’ll enjoy the complex public transportation experience in Bogotá. Otherwise, it would be a nightmare, and you’ll get lost in the city.
How long to stay in Bogotá
Bogotá can be a complex place for most travelers due to its cold weather and massive size. If this is your first-time visit to Bogotá, two nights are enough to know the most attractive spots in the city. However, if you already know Colombia and want to know everything about its capital city, we recommend staying between five and seven days.
👉 Find the best Bogotá Day Trips.
Weather and tourist season in Bogotá
You can visit Bogotá any time because the weather doesn’t change according to specific seasons. Nonetheless, Bogotá is a rainy city, so we recommend taking an umbrella and a sweater. Likewise, Bogotá is less crowded during the high seasons because all locals travel to different places in Colombia. Lastly, you can enjoy your visit through numerous local events. For example, you can spend time in Rock al Parque in August.
Where are the good restaurants and bars
You can find excellent bars in Zona T, Zona G, and Parque de la 93. In Zona T, you can go to Isola, Cantila La 15, Watakushi, Semolina, and Wok to enjoy the best of international cuisine and drinks. If you want to taste a good Colombian coffee, you can visit Amor Perfecto or Tributo and Groso in Zona G.
Bottom line: The best Bogotá hotels
Bogotá is a complicated city to explore on a first visit. If you want to spend a short time there, I suggest staying in La Candelaria or Teusaquillo. The Magdalena Guest House will be a perfect option. Travelers who want to take the time to discover the real Bogotá should stay in Chapinero. HAB Hotel or the luxury accommodation Casa Legado will be an ideal choice. Finally, stay in the modern hotels in the north of Bogotá if you are coming for work or want to be in one of the city’s safest areas – W Bogotá or 93 Luxury Suites & Residences.
If you want to know more about the hotels in Bogotá:
Where to travel after Bogotá
Here is a list of our travel guides: