Pereira is the largest city in the coffee region. Although it does not have much to offer in terms of tourism, it is a strategic place to explore the region.
Why is it wise to stay in Pereira when exploring the coffee region?
- Many buses stop in Pereira and the cities of Cali, Medellín, or Bogotá can be reached by direct buses.
- There’s an airport which serves many destinations
- It is located near the thermal baths of Santa Rosa de Cabal and San Vincente.
- Easy access to the different trails of Los Nevados
- Varied and well-supervised activities can be planned from Pereira.
- Close to beautiful colonial villages like Filandia, Salamina, and Salento
In addition, there are excellent tours and great accommodation options!
Articles to read before visiting Pereira:
Where to travel after Pereira:
Getting to Pereira?
From Salento to Pereira:
- Bus every hour from 5h30 am to 6h30 pm from the terminal | Expreso Alcala | 1 hour
From Filandia to Pereira:
- Bus every hour from 7 am to 7 pm from the “terminal” | Expresó Alcalá | 1 hour
From Armenia to Pereira:
- Many direct buses from the terminal | Expreso Palmira | 1 hour
From Cali to Pereira:
- Frequent Buses leave from the main terminal | Expreso Palmira & Expreso Trejos | 3h30
From Popayan to Pereira:
- Direct bus from the terminal. Departure every hour. Schedule | Taxbelacazar | 6 – 7 hours
From Neiva to Pereira:
- A few buses per day from the terminal. Schedule – double-check with the bus company | Cootranshuila & Coomotor | 8 hours
- Flights with 1 stopover from the Neiva airport | Avianca & Easyfly | 4 – 5 hours
From Jardin to Pereira:
- Take the Chiva Bus to Rio Sucio which leaves at 8 am. Schedule. Double-check with your hotel. | Cootransrio | 3 hours
- Once in Rio Sucio, take one of the many buses that head to Pereira. Departure every 30 min. | Cootransoccidentae | 4 hours
From Medellin to Pereira:
From Bogota to Pereira:
- Bus from the main terminal. I recommend a night bus. Schedule – Double-check with the bus company | Bolivariano | 11 hours
- Many flights from the airport | Viva Air, Latam & Avianca | 1h
From Cartagena to Pereira:
- 2 Direct flight per day from the airport | Viva Air | 1h30
From Santa Marta to Pereira:
- 1 Direct flight per day from the airport | Viva Air | 1h30 |
The airport is outside the city, a short 20-min ride by taxi.
Pereira's bus terminal?
The bus terminal is close to the zona rosa of Pereira, “La Circunvalar”. It’s 10 mins by taxi.