This guide will help you to pick among the best hotels in Medellín. From the luxury hotels in Poblado to more economical accommodation in Laureles, I’m sure you’ll find something that suits you.
Since 2015, I have lived for more than 8 months in Medellín, and I used my experience in tourism to select one hotel by category.
The winners are:
- Best hotels in Medellín for families: Sites Hotel
- Best mid-range hotel in El Poblado: 14 Urban Hotel
- Best economic stay in El Poblado: 574 Hotel
- Best Medellín hotel to meet people: Los Patios
- Best Medellín hotel with a garden: La Campana
- Best economic hotel in Laureles: Casa Sonata
- Best Medellín hotel to party near Lleras park: The Somos
- Best Medellín hotel for long stay: Estelar La Torre Suites
- Best Medellin hotel in Laureles: Factory Lofts
- Best Medellín boutique hotel: Patio del Mundo
- Best luxury hotel in Medellín: Elcielo Hotel
- Best hotel for digital nomads: Casa Santafé Coliving
- Most famous MedellÍn hotel: The Charlee hotel
Read on to find out the reasons for these choices and to get many Medellín tips.
🏡 Find easily your next hotel 🏡
Read our reviews of the best Colombia hotels.
13 Best Medellín Hotels: Mini-reviews
In this section, you will find some of the best luxury hotels in Medellin but also hotels to party and/or work.
Sites Hotel: Best Hotels in Medellín for Families
With the Sites Hotel, you’ll enjoy the advantages of a hotel in the privacy of luxury apartments.
This hotel offers you a personalized experience. You can enjoy the BBQ on the terrace, solarium, Jacuzzi, Turkish bathroom, gym, free private parking, and much more. It also has easy access to public transportation so you can get around the city quickly.
- Their luxury apartments can accommodate up to 6 people, which is excellent for a family trip.
- Located in a safe neighborhood, close to the Golden Mile shopping centers, corporate offices, and many restaurants.
- Access to free laundry.
- You get fantastic quality for a great price.
Price: From $120 USD/ Cancellation policy: 1 day cancellation/ Location: El Poblado/ Accommodation type: Hotel & apartments
14 Urban Hotel: Best Mid-range Hotel in El Poblado, Medellín
14 Urban Hotel offers a family-friendly atmosphere for those interested in sightseeing. The hotel is close to several of Medellin’s most popular attractions and restaurants.
This cozy hotel features 24-hour front desk service with excellent customer service and friendly staff. This hotel also has an onsite restaurant and offers access to a hot tub.
- You will enjoy great value for a very affordable price.
- The hotel offers free WiFi access and breakfast.
- You can relax by booking a couples massage.
- There are children’s activities to keep the whole family entertained.
- There have been a few reviews that mentioned that the hotel was quite noisy.
Price: From $61 USD/ Cancellation policy: 1 day cancellation/ Location: El Poblado/ Accommodation type: Small Hotel
574 Hotel: Best Economic Stay in El Poblado, Medellín
The 574 Hotel is a quaint hotel with 15 rooms located in the heart of the El Poblado district. For those on a budget, this is a fantastic option.
Past guests have raved about the cleanliness and the friendly staff. They have also mentioned that their breakfasts were delicious. There is also a kitchenette that guests have access to if they want to prepare something for themselves.
- Breakfast is included in the price of your room.
- A convenient onsite outdoor cafe offers delicious Colombian Cuisine at an affordable price.
- All rooms are air-conditioned and come with complimentary Netflix, toiletries, towels, and snacks.
- You can book a transfer from the JMC Airport in advance with their private driver service.
- Some reviews mention that rooms near the reception area are a bit noisy.
Price: From $40 USD/ Cancellation policy: Same day cancellation/ Location: El Poblado/ Accommodation type: Small Hotel
Los Patios: Best Medellín Hotel to Meet People
Los Patios Hostel Boutique is a chic and elegant hostel with two buildings. They offer 8, 6, 4 person dorms and private deluxe suites. It boasts a friendly atmosphere with many activities and young tourists to keep you entertained.
It has a coworking room, recreation area, top-of-the-line kitchen, gym, organic garden, and even a Spanish school. It has a great rooftop to enjoy and is well known for its weekend parties. This is a great choice for younger tourists or those young at heart!
- They have an onsite bar and lounge.
- Their rooftop terrace offers fantastic views.
- Lots of fun activities.
- They also offer 24-hour security.
- You’re close to El Poblado metro station.
- Breakfast is not included, and it is a little pricier than other hostels in the area.
Price: From $52 USD/ Cancellation policy: 1 day cancellation/ Location: El Poblado/ Accommodation type: Upscale Hostel
La Campana Hotel Boutique: Best Medellín Hotel With a Garden
This charming boutique hotel features spotless rooms that are near luscious gardens. If you enjoy the serenity of nature, La Campana Hotel Boutique is a place for you. It is a short walk to restaurants and shopping centers. It is also within walking distance of bars, clubs, banks, and galleries.
- There is an onsite restaurant located on an outdoor terrace where you can enjoy the views of the fabulous garden. Their delicious meals are highly recommended.
- Free WiFi is included in the price of the room.
- The hotel displays Colombian Art for you to enjoy.
- The hotel is located on a hill, so it’s not a great choice for anyone with mobility issues.
Price: From $57 USD/ Cancellation policy: 1 day cancellation/ Location: El Poblado/ Accommodation type: Small hotel
Casa Sonata: Best Economic Hotel in Laureles, Medellín
Casa Sonata is a beautiful house that features six unique, affordable rooms. The ambiance is warm and welcoming. Customer service is superb. This cozy boutique hotel is nestled in a quiet Laureles neighborhood only a block away from the Laureles Mall and the Viva Laureles Mall. If you are an avid shopper, this is the place for you!
- Free WiFi is included.
- A delicious breakfast is included in the price of your room.
- There is a laundry service.
- Rooms are spotless and spacious.
- Not every room has a private bathroom. Depending on your comfort level, you might want to ensure that your room has a bathroom when you call to reserve a room.
Price: From $25 USD/ Cancellation policy: 1 day cancellation/ Location: Laureles/ Accommodation type: Guest House
The Somos: Best Medellín Hotel to Party Near Lleras park
The Somos Hotel offers adults-only accommodation. It features air-conditioned and spacious rooms. There is an onsite bar, restaurant, and lounge for you to enjoy. Don’t forget to hang out on their beautiful terrace, where you can take in the fabulous view while enjoying food and drinks during your stay. Past guests have raved about the excellent customer service and friendly staff. The Somos Hotel is located near all the bars and restaurants. It is the ideal choice for young couples traveling in Medellin.
- This hotel has a gorgeous rooftop bar.
- A complimentary breakfast is included in the price of your room.
- It has a very relaxed atmosphere.
- There have been a few complaints about the noise coming from the rooftop bar.
Price: From $120 USD/ Cancellation policy: 1 day cancellation/ Location: El Poblado/ Accommodation type: Rooftop hotel
Estelar La Torre Suites: Best Medellín Hotel for Long Stay
Estelar La Torre Suites features 35 spacious and clean suites equipped with all the amenities and services. There are spectacular views from the rooms. It is within walking distance of some cool shopping areas. A friendly and professional staff provides fantastic customer service. The rooms are spacious and clean, as well as the recreational areas. Past guests have raved about how delicious the breakfasts were.
- Free WiFi and breakfast are included in the price of your room.
- They feature an outdoor swimming pool and fitness center.
- There is a bar and lounge onsite.
- There are children’s activities to keep the whole family entertained.
- This hotel is located on the outskirts of Poblado, so reaching the city center can be time-consuming at peak hours.
Price: From $55 USD/ Cancellation policy: 2 days cancellation/ Location: Outskirts of El Poblado/ Accommodation type: Modern hotel
Factory Lofts: Best Medellin Hotel in Laureles
Factory Lofts features spacious, clean rooms with air conditioning. It has a modern design and is close to bars, restaurants, and shopping centers. This hotel offers stunning views of the city from its rooftop terrace.
- Free WiFi is included in the price of the room.
- There is an outdoor pool (on the rooftop).
- Each room is equipped with a kitchenette.
- Some reviews mention that this hotel can be quite noisy because of its proximity to the bars.
Price: From $100 USD/ Cancellation policy: 14 days cancellation/ Location: Laureles/ Accommodation type: Modern Hotel
Patio del Mundo: Best Medellín Boutique Hotel
Patio Mundo is a Hotel Boutique featuring 13 rooms divided into two beautiful properties. All rooms are soundproofed and include a private bathroom. The property has a beautiful garden where guests can have relaxing massages, beauty treatments, yoga, and reiki sessions. It is known as an oasis of serenity. If you are looking for a place to relax and unwind, this is undoubtedly a great option. This option is ideal for older couples looking for a relaxing getaway.
- An exceptional breakfast is included.
- The jacuzzi hidden in the garden is a wonder.
- Agnés, the french owner, can help you with anything during your stay
- This hotel is very peaceful and relaxing.
Price: From $152 USD/Cancellation policy: 1 day cancellation/ Location: El Poblado/ Accommodation type: Upscale boutique hotel
Elcielo Hotel & Restaurant: Best Luxury Hotel in Medellín
This 5-star hotel has fabulous city views that guests can enjoy from the terrace. It also features a stunning rooftop pool. Guests will dine in style at El Cielo, one of the best restaurants in Medellin. They have beautiful architecture, and the rooms are very comfortable and clean. The staff is attentive and offers friendly, courteous service. The hotel is located in a very safe and peaceful area.
- You will have fabulous dining experiences in one of the best restaurants in Medellin.
- This hotel offers room service.
- Elegant and modern décor.
- It is located near el Poblado park.
- Unfortunately, they do not give priority to guests in the restaurant, so be sure to book your table in advance.
Price: From $190 USD/ Cancellation policy: 2 days cancellation/ Location: El Poblado/ Accommodation type: Luxury hotel
Casa Santafé Coliving Hotel: Best Hotel for Young Digital Nomads
This hotel is designed to accommodate the traveling professional. It is very affordable. It features 23 furnished rooms with private bathrooms. There are numerous areas where you can connect, work or relax. Casa Santafé is conveniently located near restaurants, supermarkets, and cafes. This is the perfect location to work while you explore the city in your downtime. Accommodations are so affordable that you can stay as long as you like.
- There is a coworking area with great WiFi, television, and desks.
- Beautiful terrace where you can take in the views and relax.
- There is a coffee station where you can take a break from work.
- Rooftop lounge where you can socialize or meet as a group to work.
- Breakfast is not included, and the rooms are not soundproofed.
Price: From $29 USD/ Cancellation policy: 1 day cancellation/ Location: Laureles/ Accommodation type: Coliving
The Charlee hotel: Most Famous Medellín Hotel
The Charlee Hotel is a trendy luxury hotel that caters to its guests by recreating their lifestyles. Works by local artists are exhibited in rooms and public spaces. This hotel has a personal concierge 7 days a week. The Charlee offers excellent customer service from friendly employees. They provide a free bar service and deliver drinks in the afternoon. They also have amazing food, but breakfast can be a little slow. They are located in Lleras Park within walking distance of several eateries and boutiques.
- Luxurious rooms with a private balcony.
- The hotel has a small rooftop swimming pool and gym facilities.
- Free breakfast and WiFi are included in the price of the room.
- Famous rooftop for taking in the spectacular views.
- Some reviews indicate that there were extra charges on their bill.
Price: From $137 USD/ Cancellation policy: 3 days cancellation/ Location: El Poblado/ Accommodation type: Luxury hotel
More than 3000 travelers have already used our Colombia travel guide
I’ve been exploring Colombia since 2015 and put all my knowledge into one Ebook. It’s free and accessible now. 👇
Best Medellín Hotels: The Booking Guide
In this section, I give you practical information to consider before booking your hotel in Medellín.
👉 I wrote a kick-ass Medellín Travel guide. You should read it too before coming. You’ll find tons of tips, activities, bars, and more!
Guests Won’t Be Allowed
Keep in mind that when you are staying in a hotel, you cannot bring guests back to the hotel for security reasons. It is a rule intended to discourage prostitutes from visiting the hotels.
Noise in Medellín
If you are looking for a quiet and peaceful vacation, you might want to avoid Lleras Park. It is known as Medellín’s party hotspot. Most people tend to stay in El Poblado and visit Parque Lleras to enjoy the nightlife.
Another noisy street at night in Medellín is Calle 70, in Laureles.
Why Stay in Laureles?
Laureles is low-key and centrally located. It is relatively quiet with tree-lined streets. It offers many places for great food, drinks, and coffee. You will find in this area hotels offering a better quality/price ratio. On the other hand, the luxury hotels in Medellín are all in El Poblado. There are fewer foreigners. I recommend Primer and Segundo Parque.
Why Stay in Poblado?
Poblado is located South of Medellín. It makes it the best place for tourists taking short trips. It is one of the wealthier neighborhoods. There is access to great hotels, restaurants, cafés, and clubs. There are some areas that are noisier than others. I recommend Manila, Patio bonito, and up north La Florida.
If you want to party, Provenza is the trendiest area (better than Lleras Park).
Why Visit Medellín?
Medellin has a vibrant cityscape and is blessed with beautifully warm weather. There is always great coffee to be found and a vibrant nightlife. The Antioquia department is fantastic and it’ll be easy to plan some cool day trips.
How Do I Get to Medellín?
There are 2 airports in Medellin. The international airport, Jose Maria Cordoba, is a forty-minute drive outside the city. The small airport, Olaya Herrera, is near El Poblado. There are 2 bus terminals, North and South.
How Long Should You Stay in Medellin?
Medellin can be a really quick vacation if you are trying to make time. You can see some of the sights in the city center like Plaza Botero and the El Poblado neighborhood in as little as 24 hours, but make sure that you are allocating enough time to visit the museums and the famous Comuna 13. You will also want time to experience the nightlife. Be sure to stay long enough to visit Guatapé.
You should stay at least 3 or 4 days.
Weather and Tourist Season
Although the city’s nickname is “the eternal spring”, it rains regularly (short showers) around April, May and October, and November. During the day, it is hot. The temperature drops gradually at night. Take a little sweater with you and it will be perfect. The only time you might have difficulty booking is during the Feria de la Flores which is 10 days in August.
Medellín is also known for its beautiful Christmas decorations!
Q/A: Best Medellín Hotels
I know your time is precious.
Travelers contact us every day to help them organize their trips to Colombia. Here are the answers we give about the Best Medellín hotels. Maybe we have already answered one of yours 🙂
-btw, you can join our community to get our kick-ass Colombia Guidebook and tons of practical tips.
What Are the Best Hotels in El Poblado?
Patio del Mundo or The Somos are considered to be the best hotels in Poblado. You get the most value for your money as well as great service. These two hotels have excellent reviews and are favored by many tourists.
What Is the Best Hotel in Laureles?
The best hotel in Laureles is The Factory Lofts. The Factory Lofts is located near restaurants, bars, and shopping centers. You have the luxury of a hotel with the privacy and convenience of an apartment. It is an affordable way to personalize your vacation.
What Is the Best New Hotel in Medellin?
The best new hotel in Medellin is the ElCielo hotel. The decor is stunning and the customer service is second to none. You will enjoy having the convenience of one of the best restaurants in Medellin right at your doorstep — El Cielo. It's also one of the best luxury hotels in Medellín.
What Is the Best Boutique Hotel in Medellin?
The best boutique hotel in Medellin is Patio del Mundo. This boutique hotel is referred to as an “urban paradise” and an “oasis in the city”. It is close to everything but still very peaceful at night. Food and service are wonderful. A hidden gem that needs to be experienced.
What Is the Best Hotel at the Medellin Airport?
The best hotel near the main Medellín Airport is the Movich. It has a convenient shuttle to and from the airport. The food is great and the service is friendly. It is a great place to stay if you are catching an early flight.
What Is the Best Hotel in Medellin With Jacuzzi?
The Charlee hotel is the best hotel in Medellin with a private Jacuzzi. Book a room with a huge hot tub and you will be able to soak and relax after a long day of sightseeing. There is a free bar service that delivers drinks and you can enjoy the fantastic views from the rooftop bar.
What Is the Best Hotel in Medellin With a Swimming Pool?
The best hotel in Medellin with a swimming pool is Estelar La Torre Suites. The rooms are spacious and you have the luxury of using the pool and spa when you want. You get great service for an affordable price.
What Is the Best Medellin Hotel With the Best View?
The best Medellin hotel with the best view is The Charlee. You'll enjoy fabulous views of the city from your room but for a spectacular experience, go up to the rooftop bar and enjoy the scenery while enjoying a relaxing drink.
What Are the Best Hotels With Rooftops?
The best hotels where you can enjoy the rooftops are The Charlee, Somos, and Los Patios. You can relax on the rooftop terrace while taking in the breathtaking view of Medellin— make it perfect for the sunset or sunrise.
Bottom line: Best Medellín hotels
If this is your first time in Medellín and you want to enjoy a pleasant location with good bars and restaurants, then the hotels in El Poblado will be a perfect fit. Travelers who want to experience a greener and more authentic area should focus on the hotels in Laureles.
If you want to know more about the hotels in Medellín:
- Best 5-star hotels in Medellín
- Best things to do in Medellin
- Best day trips from Medellín
- Best tours in Medellín
- Best glamping around Medellín
Where to travel after Medellín
There are excellent destinations to visit in the department of Antioquia:
Here is a list of our travel guides: