Psst, Psst! Are you looking for Tayrona National Park tickets?
I’m not the guy who is going to sell you some under his long dark coat.
However, I can give a clear explanation that will answer all the questions you’ve in mind.
It’s actually pretty simple.
The most important tip is the following one:
You don’t need to book a tour to explore Tayrona. Also, it’s super easy to buy your Tayrona ticket on-site.
Ok, let’s see what you can do to get these Tayrona National Park Tickets.
EDIT 03/03/2020: You CAN’T buy your ticket Online.
Tayrona travel guide
Free online guide on Tayrona to access, in a few clicks, all the practical information to visit this national park.
Where to buy your Tayrona National Park ticket
There are 2 methods to get your tickets
- Online with the park national (Not available till further notice)
- At the park entrance
A] Buy your Tayrona ticket online -> You CAN’T until further notice
I never did it myself because I’m an old school guy. Moreover, the websites aren’t very friendly in Colombia. I don’t like them.
But I have to admit the Tayrona website – Managed by Parque Nacional – seems okay.
On their homepage, you have to select Zona Calabazo Or Zona El Zaino. It’s both park entrances.
Most of the travelers take the Zaino entrance – it’s the main one,- but I recommend the Calabazo entrance if you want to spend more days inside the park.
The two other entrances are beaches accessible from Santa Marta
Once, you have selected your zone, the number of visitors and the date, click on “Check”.
Then, you must pick “foreign” and “Sign in” – do it quickly with your Facebook. Yeah I know, it’s boring.
Then, you will have to pay by credit card.
When I did the simulation, the final price was 56 000 COP. It’s the official price, without any surcharge.
You have 48 hours to pay or you have to do it again. Please note you must show the receipt at the park entrance.
- Limited visitors per day: 1850. By buying online your Tayrona National Park tickets, you’re sure to be one of them
- You don’t have to wait to buy your ticket
- It’s the official price, without any surcharge.
- It says you have to pay a daily fee for the insurance but you can’t choose an exiting day
B] Buy your Tayrona National Park Tickets on site
If you don’t trust technology, you can still buy your ticket at the park entrance.
There are two entrances to explore the Parque Tayrona:
- The Zaino – Main entrance
- Calabazo – My favorite secret entrance
You have to show your passport and pay in cash – Inside the park too.
Start early to avoid the crowd. Therefore, you should pick an accommodation near the entrance.
- Opening hours The Zaino: 7.00 AM – 5.00 PM
- Opening hours Calabazo: 7.00 AM – 2.00 PM
Top hotels near Tayrona (+)
Why entering in Tayrona by Calabazo
- It’s faster than entering by the Zaino entrance
- There are fewer people on the trail
- The path is more enjoyable
- You have access to Playa Brava
How much does a Tayrona National Park Ticket cost?
There are 2 factors that change the final price of your ticket:
- High and Low season
- If you’re a foreigner or not
List of the prices for Parque Tayrona 2021
- Kids (foreigners or not) 0 – 4 years old: Free
- Foreigner (5 or more):
- Low Season: 55 000 COP
- High Season: 65 000 COP
How to enjoy Colombia?
👉 45 unique travel guides | Transportation, accommodation, and activities.
👉 Discover the best experiences (with discounts)!
👉 An online map of Colombia.
👉 Our best advice for your trip.
👉 A great interactive ebook to travel like an expert.
👉 Our solution to travel stress-free.
Travel like a local
After 5 years in Colombia, we wrote a mind-blowing Free guidebook to help you to travel through Colombia…